Expression of interest for the Principal’s Post Vacancy at UPS
Being situated in the beautiful and historic Karoo town of Graaff-Reinet, the Union schools pride ourselves on merging country living with modern-day schooling. The Union schools brand, comprising Union Preparatory School and Union High School, celebrates 100 years of excellence this year.
Union Preparatory School was established in 1967 and has grown to become a school of great standing and proud tradition. Here, the needs of each child are of utmost importance and we strive to give every learner a well-rounded education from Grade 1-4.
Our current principal Mrs Rich reaches compulsory retirement age in September 2019. Union Preparatory School is therefore seeking to fill the position of Principal soon thereafter, ideally on the 1st October 2019.
The school invites suitably-qualified individuals who would be interested in applying for the post of Principal to declare their interest to the School Governing Body.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Have a university degree and professional teaching qualification
- Be registered with SACE
- Have a sound knowledge of all departmental policies and processes
- Have at least seven years of senior leadership experience
- Have an excellent command of the English language and be an astute communi cator and listener
- Be committed to upholding and embracing the 100-year-old traditions and ethos of the school
- Exhibit qualities of energy, creativity, integrity, loyalty, as well as lateral and visionary thinking
- Exhibit strong organizational, financial, administrative, technological, and decision-making skills
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the workings of a busy modern-day school
- Have the ability to interface proactively and effectively with staff, parents, pupils, SGB, the Old Unionite Association (past pupils organisation), and Higher Education sectors
- Be held in high esteem with regard to educational leadership and community profile
Please note that this advertisement seeks only expressions of interest, as the formal advertisement will appear in the Eastern Cape Department of Education vacancy bulletin in due course. An official application to the Eastern Cape Education Department must be submitted at that time.
Potential candidates are invited to express their interest by submitting a covering letter and comprehensive CV including three references. These documents should be addressed and emailed to the chairman of the SGB, Mr Stephen Bezuidenhout at email@example.com.
Any correspondence will be kept strictly confidential.