The results are in!
There was a wonderful atmosphere on our beautiful Union High School campus earlier today (Wednesday, 8 January) as the Class of 2019 gathered in reunion and celebration.
The 70-strong Class of 2019 was Union’s biggest Grade 12 class since 2015!
Of these 70 learners who wrote the recent NSC examination, 64 passed. (This is also the highest numbers of matriculants for Union since 2015.)
Our top performers for 2019 each achieved 3 distinctions in their respective subjects:
They are: (in alphabetical order)
• Megan Doyle (Accounting, Life Sciences and Life Orientation)
• Sanja Du Plessis (Accounting, Afrikaans FAL and Life Orientation)
• Micela Loock (Afrikaans FAL, Mathematical Literacy and Life Orientation)
• Jenna McNaughton (Afrikaans FAL, Life Orientation and Music)
• Peter Watermeyer (Accounting, Afrikaans FAL and Life Orientation)
The following learners each achieved 2 distinctions:
• Ethan Gedult (Afrikaans FAL and Life Orientation)
• Christine Harris (Mathematical Literacy and Life Orientation)
• Zintle Maki (Afrikaans FAL and Life Orientation)
• Rashieda Mali (Life Orientation and Tourism)
• Liano Naidoo (Afrikaans FAL and Life Orientation)
• Chevonne Prinsloo (Life Orientation and Tourism)
• Lunga Zantsi (Life Orientation and Tourism)
In total, our Class of 2019 produced 48 A-symbols collectively, with 66% of the learners qualifying for entry to study towards a bachelor’s degree.
Union High School would like to express its sincere gratitude to all the members of staff who played such an integral part in the education of the Class of 2019 over the past 12 years.
They have, as always, provided a superb platform for the learners to achieve to the very best of their abilities. A special word of thanks is also extended to the families of every single one of our learners for their steadfast support throughout the learners’ years of study.
Although we are disappointed that our pass rate for the NSC examination has dropped from 96% in 2018 to 91,4% in 2019, we remain, as always, very proud of our learners and wish them all of the very best as they embark upon an exciting future.