Congratulations to team 𝗗𝗔𝗟𝗬 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘 who finally reclaimed the title at this year’s Junior Interhouse Athletics Day after having had to relinquish it to Arnott for the past couple of years
There was some fierce competition and plenty of house spirit displayed, but in the end, it was Daly’s total of 1412 points accumulated by their athletes, that secured them the win over Arnott’s total of 1377.
Despite the sweltering heat, our young athletes were determined and enthusiastic, delivering some outstanding results on the day.
• 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗾𝘂𝗲 𝗞𝘆𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮-𝗞𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘇𝗮 set new records in the Girls u/11 100m, high jump and shot put events;
• 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 𝗞𝗶𝗻𝗴 bettered the Girls u/11 long jump record;
• 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘆 𝗕𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗿 broke the Girls u/12 100m as well as shot put records;
• 𝗦𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗶𝗹𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗻 set new records in the Girls u/12 long jump and 800m events;
• 𝗠𝗶𝗮 𝗕𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗮 broke the Girls u/13 800m record and;
• 𝗢𝘄𝗲𝗻 𝗣𝗮𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗻 broke the Boys u/13 200m and 800m records.
Four 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 were held during this year’s Interhouse athletics meet for the Grade 5 to 7 learners.
Therefore, the times of those that came first in these races, will be the records to beat in future:
• Girls u/11 800m: Hermon Wolde (4.16.70)
• Girls u/12 800m: Samantha Gilfillan (3.33.0)
• Boys u/12 800m: Jordan Maritz (3:15.53)
𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴 – 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶!
Visit our Facebook page to view photographs of the event.